I’ve been nominated by Louise @ Geniereads for the Liebster Award. Please do check her blog, she’s very sweet and got some awesome stuff there! 🙂
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
I’ve been seeing this tag around and I wondered what the word “Liebster” meant. I did a little Googling and I found out that it is actually a German word for “sweetheart”. So for everyone who was/will be nominated for this award, you are all sweethearts! ❤ ❤ ❤ (Please correct me if I’m wrong hahaha)
1. What’s your favorite pair of socks? (Share a picture of it, if you don’t mind!)
Hmm, I don’t have one. I actually wear sandals and slippers like 90% of the time, and those don’t require socks. Most pair of socks I have now are just plain white/black/gray. But oh, I remember back in high school when plain white socks were required, I had these three pairs that had flower prints on the sole. I felt like a badass back then whenever I wore them, because though they can’t see it, I know my socks weren’t plain and I’m breaking the school rules. Hahaha. Sadly, I think I don’t have them in my closet anymore.
2. Compare the last book you’ve finished to a fruit.
The last book I finished is Missed Connections by Sophie Blackall. The book is a collection of illustrations Sophie made based on “missed connections” posted in Craigslist. Say, you meet someone on the bus to work, and you felt like you had this connection but for some reason didn’t approach the other person, you can post it there and see if, by some miracle of the heavens, the other person reads it.
If I were to compare this book to a fruit, I’d say maybe strawberry. You know, I was in the grocery the other week and I saw a pack of strawberries. I felt like it looked at me too, and we had this connection but I decided against buying it because it was not in my grocery list for that week. When I went back to the grocery a few days after, there were no strawberries on display anymore. Sad, poor me. Strawberries are not in season here so I think it’ll take some time before I see (or eat, for that matter) one again. Definitely a missed connection. It’s been weeks. I’m still craving for strawberries until now. 🍓🍓🍓
3. What was your last read book during 2015? Tell something about it.
I had to look at Goodreads for this one. Apparently, the last book I read last year is Flashpoint by Gordon Korman. It is the fourth and last book in the The 39 Clues: Unstoppable series. Has anyone here read The 39 Clues series? Please raise your hands.
The original series is about the quest of siblings Dan and Amy Cahill to gather all 39 ingredients for the serum that will make the drinker “makes the person who drinks it more intelligent, powerful, strong, athletic, artistic and cunning”, essentially making him/her the most powerful (or dangerous) person in the world, while competing with their other relatives who are also looking for the Clues. Unstoppable is actually a spin-off series and in this particular book, the siblings tries to stop an evil person who got hold of the serum from destroying the world.
4. Which Hogwarts House do you belong in?
The Sorting Hat put me into Ravenclaw, as did so many online quizzes I took (and also the ones I’ll take in the future) But you know, there’s a little badger inside of me, too. So if you’ll ask me, I belong to
To know more about us—or to know if you are one of us—please see 17 Signs You’re a True Ravenpuff!
5. What’s your favorite pasta dish?
That would be spaghetti! I don’t know, I think it is a default food during birthday parties here in PH. Our version of spaghetti is actually sweet, and more often than not served with sliced hotdogs on top. Jollibee’s spaghetti is also one of my comfort foods! 🍝🍝🍝
6. When you’re reading, does your face show your emotions or do you have a normal reading face?
I think I’m pretty transparent when it comes to my emotions, reading is no exception. Especially when something major or shocking is revealed in the story. Sometimes, too, when it is too much to handle, I even say, “Weeeh”, ” Oh, really?”, “WTF!!”, “Aww, that’s cute!” It’s pretty much the same thing I do when I’m watching movies/TV.
7. What do you usually do in a rainy day?
Oh, I miss those days when rainy days meant cancellation of classes. Then, I used to just lie in bed and read or watch series/movies. And no, it’s no lazy at all. I’m actually being productive by finishing books or catching up with my TV series. *wink* The same still holds true now if the said rainy day falls on a weekend or holiday.
8. Favorite fictional book couple?
For this, I would have to answer Hermione and Ronald Weasley. First, because they’re cute together despite their differences in personality and attitude. Second, because we’ve seen how their relationship grew from being not-so-friends, to friends, to lovers. #goals!
But I recently came across this Pottermore feature article entitled 29 signs that Hermione liked Ron from the start. You be the judge.
9. What’s your eye color? Do you like it?
Whenever I look in a mirror, I see my eyes are black. Or possibly a very very dark shade of brown. I kind of like it, because when I look at my friends’ eyes, theirs are a light shade of brown and mine are the only ones I’ve seen so far that is almost black.
10. Do you like tofu?
I like tofu especially when fried, with soy sauce and calamansi.
11. If you were to write a book, what would be the name of the main character and why did you chose that name?
If I were to write a book, the main character would be a girl and her name would be Elizabeth. I don’t know. I just love the name. 😀
11 Facts About Me
- Today (June 2nd) is my birthday!!!! 🎉🎉🎉
- Pink isn’t my favorite color but everyone thinks it is because almost 90% of my stuff is or has a touch of color pink.
- I like to buy pens, and when I do I see to it I have at least three different colors of each. Bonus if I have ROYGBIV! (or ROGBIV because yellow ink can’t be read on white paper)
- And whenever I see cute notebooks, I almost always buy them. But I rarely write in them because they’re so pretty I don’t want to ruin them.
- It’s been months since I last drank soft drinks/soda.
- I. LOVE. FRENCH. FRIES. Or anything potato, actually.
- And Math.
- And Harry Potter.
- My favorite colors are actually purple and blue.
- I find penguins super duper cute. 🐧🐧🐧
- I’m not a fan of the movies. I think I have been inside a cinema less than 10 times. I usually get to watch movies only when they are aired in the TV. Hehe.
My questions and nominees
- What is your favorite color?
- Say one memorable quote from a book that you love.
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Do you have a favorite children’s book or a favorite fairy tale?
- If an author gave you the chance to rewrite or to change the fate of a book character, who would you chose?
- What time do you usually sleep?
- What is the best thing that’s ever happened to you?
- When you were a child, how did you answer the question “What do you want to be when you grow up”?
- Name 3 countries you want to visit.
- Where do you usually buy books?
- Who is your all-time favorite fictional character?
- Angie @ Thoughts of a Writer and Avid Reader
- Ashley @ Inside My Minds
- Jaed @ The Bibliophile Blogs
- Amy @ Inkyspells
- Donna @ Chocolatenwaffles’ Blog
- Carrie @ Carrie’s Book Reviews
- Vale @ Of Endless Pages
I’m sorry if you’ve already done this before. You can skip if you like. 🙂
Thank you for reading. Have a happy June! ❤